If I was going to buy a digital music player right now I would have to look at the new iPod Nano. Apple has further refined the iPod making it super slim and nearly the size of the iPod shuffle. They have given it a color screen so you can view audio relate artwork or photos. It offers couple of storage capacities 2GB or 4GB which will hold at the minimum 1000 songs. Additionally, the iPod Nano comes in either black or white as shown in the image to the left. This iPod is supposed to have 14 hours of battery life which seems like a pretty large amount to me.
Here is a breakdown of the Nano features:
- Holds up to 1,000 songs and full-color album art
- Only 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27 inches and 1.5 ounces
- Bright 1.5-inch color LCD display
- Up to 14 hours of battery life(1)
- Apple Click Wheel
- Charges and syncs via USB
- Accessory-compatible Dock connector
- Completely skip-free playback
- Works with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP
- Plays music, podcasts and audiobooks
- Holds up to 25,000 photos(2)
- Syncs contacts, calendars and to-do lists
I will have to add this to my wishlist for the upcoming holiday. It would definitely be a nice iPod to have, though there is an iTunes phone also available so my perspective may change. To learn more about the iPod Nano check out Apple's website here. Also you can try and signing up to receive a free iPod Nano here but they make you sign up for one other offer (i.e. credit card, blockbuster online, eFax, etc.) in order to be eligible to receive it. Finally, check out what Aldoblog has to say about the Nano here.