Have you wondered how you are naturally inclined to act based on your personality type? In a business or personal situation you might find yourself questioning why an individual acts in a certain way. While you might what everyone you interact with to take a personality test it probably is only wishful thinking. So you will never really know what personality traits and types you are interacting with and how to maneuver to best interact with them. However, you can better understand your own personality traits and type. In doing so you will be able to play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses to interact more effectively with everyone you come into contact with. I recently did just that and took the Myers-Briggs personality test based on Karl Jung’s research here. I urge you to do the same.
My personality test results were very interesting and appeared very accurate. I came out as an Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging or ENFJ. This type is found in only 2 to 3 percent of the population.
I am a:
- Moderately expressed extrovert
- Moderately expressed intuitive personality
- Slightly expressed feeling personality
- Distinctively expressed judging personality
Common traits of an ENFJ include the following:
- Abstract in their thought and speech.
- Cooperative in their style of achieving goals and directive and extraverted in their interpersonal relations.
- Extraordinary charisma.
- Like to have things settled and arranged.
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship.
- Generally believe in their dreams and see themselves as helpers and enablers which they usually are.
- Are global leaders.
- See the big picture.
- Focus is expansive.
- Can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously
- Have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.
- Know and appreciate people.
Notable ENFJ’s include:
David, King of Israel
Dick Van Dyke
William Cullen Bryant
Kyle from South Park (cartoon)
Take the test in an effort to better interact in business and personal relationships since it is ridiculous to assume you will be able to persuade everyone you come into contact with to take a personality test and then manuever around their personality results. You can take control of your own life though by taking the test and understanding your own personality. Upon taking the test let me know what personality type did your results displace? Did the test results appear to be accurate?