Go2web20.net, an aggregated directory of web 2.0 products and services, launched a few months ago and has been busily growing ever since. Yesterday, co-founders Orli Yakuel and Eyal Shahar gave some insight into a new version of the directory that will be coming soon. The enhancements are as follows:
- Improved performance for faster load and view times
- The addition of a tag cloud as another way to sort through the products and services
- The addition of a "quick glance" which gives a description of the product or service when you roll the mouse over the logo
- Go2Web20.net is now looking for advertisers to help keep this great directory running - if you are interested send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Companies listed in the directory can now add their own content to their profiles - they may be able to even add a video
These sound like some great improvements to an already extremely useful site. One thing I would like to see is a slight modification of the RSS feed for the product. Currently, the feed updates every time a new product or service is added to the site and provides a link directly to the that product or service. Alternately, I would like to see a feed point to the Go2Web20.net brief of the product or service since it offers a description that is not viewable via the current feed. By bringing users back to Go2Web20.net it gives users the opportunity to find out more about the product before visiting the product or service directly.
"It's been a lot of fun uncovering and exposing all the great services of web 2.0. I'm trying to be the first to publish new and fresh services but I respect the old one too. I'm adding sites after thoroughly testing them myself first. I am excited at the response to Go2Web2.0 so far and look to continue to improve the directory service in the coming months."
I think it is also worth mentioning Go2Web2.0 will be available in a book version soon. It might make a great keepsake or a wonderful coffee table conversation piece.