FeedBurner, a Chicago-based feed management company, has announced the roll-out of a site metrics offering. The product is an integration of BlogBeat, a product they acquired in July 2006. FeedBurner site metrics will track:
- Page Views and estimated unique visitors
- Detailed 'by visitor' statistics
- Incoming links including search query referrals and site link referrals
- Outbound links and counts
- City Cloud map of visitors (but alas, no Cloud City)
This means that a site owner can add one piece of code to their site to track metrics on the site level. The code also can produce FeedFlare and serve ads. Below is a screen-shot which I pulled from the FeedBurner blog of what the site metrics dashboard offered by FeedBurner.
I will be interested in testing it out to see if this new site code will at all slow the site load times. Regardless, it gives the ability to see the entire metrics picture through both solid FeedBurner feed metrics and now site metrics. Brilliant!
UPDATE: Orli Yakuel offers more perspective here.