SplashCast Media, a Portland-based media player startup, has launched an update to its exisiting SplashCast media player. SplashCast has added a number of features to the player as it continues to improve the product that launched earlier this year.
The new SplashCast features are as follows:
- Video, Audio, or Text Comments - For any item in a show, viewers can now record or upload a video or audio comment as well as leave a text comment.
- Easier item navigation - Quickly scroll over the item thumbnails or click a thumbnail to go directly to a particular item.
- Captions - New captions box displays the Name of each item in your
- Full Screen button - Switch to full screen mode right from the player.
- Pause/Play button - Pause and play are pretty self-explanatory.
- Send button - Email a link directly to your favorite item or to an entire show.
- Follow Me - Family, friends and fans can now "follow you". By clicking the Info button on bottom right you can access the new "follow me" link.
Aside for the new player, SplashCast also has been rolling out Branded Media Channels for celebrities and other groups which can be added to Facebook. In the coming months, SplashCast will also being launching a new feature to enable mobile upload of all media types. Other possible pending features include inline chat, OpenID login support, Twitter support and the world of opportunity that is revenue-shared advertising. As a regular SplashCast user I am pleased with the consistent rollout of new features and services as SplashCast positions itself as an industry leader in the space.