It appears that people will no longer be in the dark as to how well fan pages are doing on Facebook as AllFacebook has launched Facebook stat pages. Nick O'Neill, a DC blogger, friend and closet programmer, has been working furiously the last month or so to roll out the page tracker system that keeps track of over 620,000 Facebook Fan pages. The tracking pages offer charts like the one to the left that upon hover offers users to pinpoint specific cross sections on the chart.
Here are some interesting stats that he found with the new tool according to AllFacebook:
- Masturbation! continues to be a fast growing fan page, currently growing at around 68 percent a day. Be careful though, as that fan page is definitely not safe for work.
- The New York Times received approximately 135,000 new fans to their fan page from their inaugural home page ad campaign.
- Coca-Cola has now become the second most popular fan page on Facebook, jumping past Homer J Simpson who hasn’t been experiencing much growth over the past week.
- The vast majority of the fastest growing fan pages appear to be international.
- Someone in Santiago, Chile has set up a Yoville fan page (Yoville is the popular virtual world application by Zynga) which is about to surpass 100,000 fans.
- Approximately 50,000 over the more than 620,000 fan pages that we’re tracking have over 1,000 fans. That suggests there is a significant long tail among Facebook fan pages.
- There are approximately 276 fan pages with more than 500,000 fans out of the 620,000 that we’re tracking.
Interesting stuff, thanks Nick, keep up the good work. Oh and don't forget to join the SOMEWHAT FRANK Facebook Fan page.