Do you want to work with me?
If so, this could be your chance, it will be glorious...
I am not talking about blogging on Somewhat Frank. What to help me and the rest of the super, myAOL team? We recently launched the, myAOL Personalization Suite with global plans and we are looking for passionate people to join this fabulous team at AOL. We are looking for Product Managers, Designers and Engineers that will be working with me directly. What could be better? :)
We need sharp, motivated and passionate people to join our team. Details on the Product Manager, Engineer and Design positions below.
Engineer Position Details:
- Writing widgets that allow a personalized experience to be built on AOL’s web sites. You’d write widgets using DHTML, HTML, AJAX and Flash technologies. The widgets span from one that shows email and Instant Mesdages , to one that show is your “social status” such as Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, Flickr and Bebo.
- Syndicating these widgets across sites outside of the AOL network – so your stuff goes across the web.
- Passion and drive. We want people with passion and drive, who can learn quickly and want the best product for the users. You don’t need to know everything. We are looking for sharp, motivated engineers who can build out widgets for our AOL applications and syndicate these across the web – think of syndication across Facebook, MySpace and of course our brand new “myAOL” product and iGoogle.
Product Manager Position Details:
- Working with other myAOL product managers to ensure that all future roadmap projects/features work with our cobranded sites
- Working with partners to develop module requirements and other features as needed
- Working with project management, design, dev and qa to scope, schedule and implement requirements and report updates/progress to the program manager and co-brand team
- Working with International on per-country requirements across global agreement
- Liaison with cobrand team You should have great communication skills and work well with the extended team - everyone from dev, qa, legal, business development, marketing, design, etc.
Sr. User Experience Designer Details:
The User Experience Design group at AOL in Silicon Valley is looking for a Sr. User Experience Designer with an emphasis on interaction and visual design (a little HTML/AJAX-y goodness wouldn’t hurt either). In this position you will be working on some of the most important and most strategic parts of the new way that AOL does business.
- Must have proficiency in the standard design tools used today
- Serves in a leadership role in the development of the look and feel or your designs
- Leads project team in the development and implementation of your high-quality, interactive designs
- Actively solicits feedback to ensure that all activities and deliverables meet expectations
If you are interested in jumping in, and working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, send your resume or better yet, send an example of your work! (email: frank at frankgruber5 dot com)
Come and be part of a great team. Cheers!